Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Not-so Yummy

It's unfortunate that when I think of the finishing product, the only word that goes through my head is "Blech!" Matt and I were not impressed with this dish at all and I was miffed because I was really excited about it. It was not crispy...as a matter of fact, it was just the opposite. EW. The flavors just didn't meld with the fish at all, and after a few bites we tossed out any leftovers. I will not be trying this recipe again, but thought I would post it anyway.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving where I will not have to think about cooking for a few days. :)

Crispy Oven Fried Fish

Ingredients:

1 pound fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs (I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving-size pieces, if necessary. Measure thickness of fish; set aside. Place milk in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish combine bread crumbs, cheese, dillweed, and pepper. Add melted butter; stir until combined.

2. Dip fish in milk; coat with flour. Dip again in milk, then in crumb mixture to coat all sides. Place fish on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: